CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Risky business

I dream big! My goals in life are substantial, yet very simple. I want to get the best education I can, give back to my global community through hard work, and I want to be the best person I can be. Because I dream big, my risks are big too. However my rewards are SUBSTANTIAL. Granted right now is an example of risk taking. We are in limbo with no lease and no idea of what the rest of 2006 will look like. BUT, if this Australia thing goes through, good for us, because the next couple of years will have a big payoff...HUGE. Like I said, big rewards usually require big risk. So why do it, is what I was asked today. Good question! My question is why are so many people content to play it safe and lead boring lives. Granted I don't expect behavior like ours from everyone, but why are so many people resigned to just exsisting?

Those people who live their lives staying away from major risks also do not experience major gains. Playing it safe by buying a $600,000 home, with 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a steady job does not appeal to me. What are your rewards? A job you schelp away at everyday to pay your huge mortage and SUV. Trips to the beach once a year and a slowly expanding waistline. Fine if that is what you want. However, I would kill myself. I need big reward and I am willing to put my pride, time, and money on the line to have something bigger than all of that. I NEED to wake up in the morning with a purpose and paying a $700,000 mortage is not purpose enough for me...or even that interesting. I need to travel to exotic places, work interesting jobs, help people in need, and share countless bottles of wine with friends yet to be met. My life is an exciting journey and I will use that time wisely. I want to see all the wonders of the world, hike every mountain top I can, and have endless passionate love on every beach I come upon. I do not want to lie on my deathbed and wish for things I never did.

So I sum it up this way with a saying that was passed on to me:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand-strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screamming WOO HOO-What a fucking ride!" Thanks G!

0 comments: