CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Racing


This is a picture of my bestest friend in the world water garden. I want one too dammit. If we move to Oz I just might steal hers. If Todd doesn't steal it first.

Today in my spin class we ended with some sprints. Pretty typical but I learned something really interesting about myself that I kind of always suspected. First of all, I know I am really competitive and I hold myself to very high standards (curse and a blessing I guess). My instructor said "close your eyes and picture yourself ahead of the pack with the pack coming up behind you." Ok, so I do that. "Ok, picture yourself looking over your shoulder to see them coming up behind you as you sprint to the finish" Ok, I imagine myself doing this and evading them, but the thing is when I look over my shoulder the people behind me are hundreds of Katia's. Gee what does that mean? So my lesson is, don't turn around to look behind you...it might just be your worst enemy.

Quote of the day:"sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind…the race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself."-Baz Luhrmann

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEWARE the DRAGON MUM, but then again she just might help you set up your own