CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Celebrate!


OH MY GOD! Has today rocked! WOW! I received word that my paper to the Journal of Pediatric Blood and Cancer has been accepted. So what you might ask? Granted, we all know it is not my first publication so what makes it so wonderful? It is my first as the primary author! One journal rejection and 2 years later it will be off my desk once and for all! Perseverance and stubbornness are mighty forces. One big step for Katia's kind! Who is having some champagne today?

I also ran into a good friend on my run today which was also exciting. I also got on the scale (first time in one 6 weeks)and I am 19.5 lbs lighter. I didn't believe it so I went to another scale and it said the same thing! I wish I could sell a dieting secret but I think it was eat less, run more. Ok, time to do something besides squeal!

Quote of the day: "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die." Bill Watterson (creator of Calvin and Hobbes)

2 comments:

lorioriori said...

yaya! congrats. will you go by Dr. Peterson, Published and Famous from now on?

KMP said...

It's "Ms. Peterson" to you!