CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 02, 2005

Belly dancing!!!!!


That is right, you read correctly, I am embarking on my new career. Doesn't my name sound like a belly dancer's? Actually, I am taking a class with Ruth. I won't quit my job yet in case I suck. I have high hopes for me and Ruth though! Todd wants to know when he gets a private showing from us. I am like "How dare you exploit my future career goals for your sexual fantasy!" No Todd I will not do the dishes and belly dance at the same time. I have been told by many that it is a great ab, hip and butt workout. SOLD! You need not say anymore! I am already dreaming of my belly dancing outfit. I look good in purple sequins.

I wish I had more to write but I can't pull myself away from CNN. God, I want to stop watching New Orleans sink into 3rd world chaos but I just can't peel myself away. It's like I am watching scenes from Niger or Iraq. I guess we are not as "First world" as we thought.

Many things make me mad, but this lady in particular on the news just pushed my button. One lady said she would put her faith in God to get her out of the flood. WAKE UP lady, even God (if you believe in him) needs a little help. Help yourself. If you are waiting for him, you might meet him sooner than later. One guy said that Jesus told him it was ok to loot. Hello...are people in N.O. stupid or does a giant hurricane destroying your home make you stupid? Guess what folks I see three (of many) reasons why this hurricane is so devastating.

1. Don't build 10 ft below sea level. It is never a good idea. I love N.O. but what were the French thinkin?

2. If you choose to do that, don't destroy your wetlands by silting up the MS river. The wetlands are so silted up they are dying from lack of O2 and are disappearing at a rate of 2,000 sq ft per year. Guess what takes the brunt of hurricanes? You guessed it..WETLANDS. They are great at tempering winds, absorbing energy from swells, and keeping erosion in check. Environmental science should be mandatory for everyone. Oh that's right this is America and our kids don't do science!

3. If you do decide to build in N.O. and than destroy your wetlands please don't blame it on God. Try Bush and others who allow global warming to happen. For those who did not take science, let me give you a run down in basic physics. Higher temperature=faster molecule movement=(drum role please) more energy! Wow, so that category 5 could have been a 3 if the fucking earth wasn't so warm and there wasn't so much extra energy putzing around in the gulf. But if you don't want to understand, do what all the religious freaks do, blame it on the homos and feminists. Dave and Sean, if you weren't gay this would never have happened! Shame on you!

Quote of the day: I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." Richard Dawkins (favorite physicist)

0 comments: