CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 16, 2005

Sept reflections


Ah, only half way through the month and what a month it has been. Katrina, Roberts, Bush, Iraq, the news just seems to get better. Interesting enough quite a case about the pledge of allegiance just came to our attention. A judge in CA ruled the pledge unconstitutional because it violates children's right to be "free from a coercive requirement to affirm God." Hmmm, with everything that is going on I did not see that one sneaking up. Interesting enough, some people want to return the pledge to it's original, 1942, which had NO mention of God. I did not know that. Regardless, I was shocked that the verdict was in favor of the aethist as this country seems to be drifting further right. This other guy who was interviewed in the Post stated: "The pendulum is swinging in the wrong direction in our country," Leland said. "Mike Newdow is on a train whose destination is designed to hide and undermine the role of religion in public life. We want to restore religion to the public square." Mmmm interesting opinion but I believe religion belongs in YOUR bedroom, not my bedroom or public square asshole!

Does anyone out there dislike the fact that people (particulary women) ask you when you plan to have children? I have gotten the question a hundred times this month "So, when are you and Todd going to have babies?" I usually reply with a sharp "none-of-your-business, or I am not done growing up yet". What message would I be sending to my child by putting my dream of an education on hold to birth babies. "That's right little Johnny, it is ok to put your dreams aside to raise kids." Come on! I am using this forum to tell the world: NOT ALL COUPLES WANT TO OR CAN HAVE CHILDREN! PERIOD! Stop asking me! Maybe I am not ready, maybe I will never be ready. Why is this so hard for people to get their head around. Speaking for me, not Todd, I DO CARE FOR SMALL CHILDREN. I find them irritating and hard to control. We all know I am a control freak. They also have mystery crusty stuff stuck to their body. I don't want people to hand me babies and tell me to hold them. Negative lady, I like furry things, like dogs. Ok, I do have an instinct to take care of something. Just not something that talks, screams, and requires a college education. Most of all I don't want to go the parties where there are children. Which will probably become a problem once my friends start having babies, but my friends also respect me enough not to invite me.

Whew, I feel better!

Anyway, I was reading on the National Zoo website and my panda is gaining an average of 70 grams a day, while the average is 60. The panda is well above the average weight and he is doing fine. He tried to sit up but fell over when his mom moved. He is getting noticeably bigger everyday and Mei-Xiang is leaving him for increasingly longer periods of time. Go panda boy!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Whew, Entertaining post! I bet you feel a lot better after getting all that off your chest!