CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 03, 2006

Stars not aligned

Ok, I have to blog again today. I decided last week that since I am going through a tough period I would live vicariously through my friends. I figure, "hey, someone out there has got to have some good news to share." I have enough friends that there had to be at least one thing to be excited about. So I sat down and contacted my friends and family but alas; no. You have let me down. I have come to the conclusion that the stars are not aligned because I was hard pressed to find ANYONE with some good news to share. What is going on people? You have disappointed me in my time of good news need. Here are some snipets I got back...tisk tisk...pathetic:

"K good to hear from ya, dog died last week...rough times."

"...didn't get the job or the raise, f*in sucks."

"My JOB is sooooo boring, I want to kill myself..."

"Me and B broke up, I caught him cheating on me at..."

"Mum's arthritis is getting worse, I worry about her."

"My cat ran away, we have no idea where she is."

"I auditioned on Broadway last week, but I didn't get the part."

"OUT OF OFFICE REPLY: Due to a family emergency, I will be out until Feb 24..." (damn!)

COME ON PEOPLE, work with me here. Lori is the only one with any decent news. She had a kick ass interview but no word yet on the job. Come on girl, save us all! Tell me that this non-profit is going to start you at 80K with a parking spot and 4 weeks of vacation!

1 comments:

lorioriori said...

likely it will be half that salary, no parking OR metro disco.. and only 3 weeks vacation.. but free health care/dental care! free gym membership!

i should hold my excitment until they actually invite me to work there. who knows. the stars aren't working for me yet. fingers crossed and breath held for now.