CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 22, 2005

Farmer Katia


Whew what a weekend! Todd, Cappy and I housesat for my mom this weekend. We played in the garden all weekend picking and weeding. I even have the ass crack sun burn to prove it...ouch! It was a blast and the dogs enjoyed themselves immensely. Keith built a ramp into the pool so the dogs could get in and out. Cappy loves the water more than her cousin and it was a bitch to keep her out of the pool. We ended up blocking the ramp with a fold up chair. One time she got in and the ramp broke. So guess who had to get in, at 7am, and get the dog out. That's right, moi!

Todd and I were giddy with happiness playing in the dirt. It felt good for the soul. I am just amazed at what mother nature can provide for us. The tomatoes are sweet as sugar, the peppers are juicy and tart, and the green beans are out of this world. I can't eat anymore tomatoes though, I have a rash on the back of my tongue. Among other GI problems from too much fresh fruit and veggies. Eeeek! Most of all, I liked having the day to myself. Todd and I had ample time to discuss future plans about Australia and any other mindless shit that came to mind. I really enjoyed hanging out with the dogs and getting kisses all day long. Talk about feeling loved. There is nothing quite like the unconditional love of dogs. I pondered that a lot this weekend. Unconditional love, what a great thing. There are few places you can find that in this world. I am proud to say that all my good friends have it, otherwise they would not be my friend as it is a requirement I have. You have to love me at my worst. Todd is good for it and my dog is second to none. Dogs have man beat when it comes to love. I am convinced. Maybe humans should take a lesson from dogs and be a little nicer to their neighbor, even when their neighbor has nothing to offer or is a dick. We all might be a little happier. This picture is of a fireman in N.C. who rescued a pregnant female. The photographer said she walked across the yard and stopped in front of the fireman. He bent down to pet her and she licked his face. I wonder if pandas give unconditional love.

Which leads me to the quote of the day: Jason Jordan
True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

...and one more, because it is Monday and we all need some words of wisdom.

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

0 comments: