CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Big Panda News


Yesterday, August 25, the panda openend his eyes. Hurrah for open eyes! This is a milestone for the cub. I am so proud of him.

I had a thought yesterday on my way home from work. Everyday I see this elderly gentleman in his tweed jacket and red bowtie carrying a briefcase into the metro station. He seems to go home about the same time I do. He must be about 80 and yet he goes to work everyday, probably works about 8 hours a day. Why would someone work at 80? He looks like a lawyer or an academic. In a way he reminds me of Todd in 50 years. Just by the way he walks and looks. My question is, does he work because he has to, wants to, or out of habit? Maybe he likes the act of coming home to his wife. Maybe he has been coming home to her for 50 years and he can't break the routine. I figure, he gets wild monkey sex everyday after work and he doesn't want to lose that so he continues to work. All in the name of getting laid!

So where are we all going when we leave work? Where do all these people on the metro standing next to me go? Do they go home to a spouse, children, dog, cat, parent, panda, mistress, lover? Who and what? Where are we going in anyway?

Quote of the day (actually lyrics from Never Knowing):

"Shocking but we're nothing
We're just moments
We're Clever but we're clueless
We're just human
Amusing but confusing
Were trying but where is this all leading
Never Know" Jack Johnson

0 comments: