CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

American Public Health Association


Ok, I am tired! I have spent the past 2 days (2 more to go) walking around the Philly convention center trying to increase my knowledge of health care. The more I learn, the more I realize this world is fucked. I mean it...I am enlightened but also discouraged, there is so much to fix. We have some real problems and even the brightest minds are scratching their heads. I feel really small here. I am surrounded by the health gods and I am mere peon compared to them. The only people who want my time are starving grad students who want to intern at the PC. When I see the crowd, I duck into the ladies room. Its like I have "I WORK AT THE PC" tattooed across my head. They want my attention (actually they want an internship) and I want the big people's attention. Yet they flick me off just like I do to the grad students. God, what a cycle. Uhhhh the frustration! When will I be the big guru in PH? It seems that being wrinkly and having 2 grown children is a prerequisite.

I have made A LOT of contacts already which is always a good thing. The ability to network alone was worth the cost of admission. You can not leave here without a job. Who cares about the talks! Actually, the talks are very informative and I have met new people and re-connected with old friends. The field is quite small when I think about it, almost incestuous. Regardless, it is always nice to be recognized.

God, I am so tired I could fall over. So I am out...

0 comments: