CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 25, 2006

House Hunting


So today we took advantage of a beautiful Saturday in Brisbane to house hunt. Ahhh, house hunting. I hate it, but it is necessary. We are looking for a place near Paddington (think trendy wine bars and boutiques, much to my liking). However, we were not impressed with what fell in our price range. Either the kitchen was falling apart or the siding was. We had no luck. The 2 houses we liked (which also had a pool) were too far away from the shops and being that we have no car, is just not feasible. I REFUSE to buy a car right away. Brisbane is a very accessible city by foot and I intend to do that. The picture posted is a very typical example of what folks live in and one we looked at today.

On happier notes, I am officially enrolled in the School of Population Health. I even lucked out and got my own office. Go figure that, when the other offices are packed with nothing less than 10 doctoral students. I consider it my consolation prize for living through all this scholarship mess. My job will take a little longer to start as the university is slow in transmitting my enrollment to immigration and I need immigration to add a work permit before I can start. Soooo, just more red tape...but not too terrible. Hey I am from DC...I live for red tape!

Before I go, I know a lot of you need a Cappy update. She is fine and has taken over the quarantine station. She is demanding a peanut butter kong for ransom or else...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know you made it 'down under' safe and sound! You are missed tremendously! Thank you so much for the postcard. Good luck with the house hunting. Once you are more settled give me a ring - can't wait to catch up!