CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 11, 2006

ALOHA

Ok, maybe a day premature but I need some practice. We are wrapping up our stay in San Diego with Todd's family and newborn niece. Tomorrow I will be sipping something cold on a warm beach...ahhhhh. God I need a tan. My legs are pasty white, I look like an albino. Seriously...

I talked to Cappy's caretaker in Australia the other day and all I have to say is "not impressed." The FIRST word out of that b*&#$es mouth was "Good day, thanks for calling...Cappy is quite overweight and I am putting her on a diet, I can't feel her ribs." Finito, end, period, nothing else. Uh, nice to meet you; thanks for the update. I was PISSED. She is not a vet but has decided that she knows what is best for my dog weight wise. So I kindly said "Thanks for the update R, however my dog just came from a North American winter where she has been living outside on a farm. Her coat is uber thick and that might explain why you can't feel her ribs. Plus, I have just completed nothing short of 10 vet visits within the past year and not a single word about her weight was uttered to me. She is muscular and should have some fat reserve because she has been sleeping OUTSIDE in the fucking cold!" Then I said "g'day" and hung up. My girl has a nice waist, muscular legs, and A LOT of fur period! Of course there is nothing I can do at this point but bite my tongue and be nice to her because she has MY dog in HER care. Don't worry Cappy, mom will give you a peanut butter kong as soon as I see you...promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

K would you like your back up mum in Aus to phone quarantine and talk to them and explain the snow thing. They probably cant grasp the concept of a dog sleeping out in minus temperatures. Just email their phone number to Gertie Jan

Anonymous said...

K I have spoken to Rachel and she said that she hasn,t put him on a diet but just a lower calorie food. Which I think under the circumstances is fair enough.She did Apoligize for the misunderstanding. She said Cappy wasn,t fretting and is wagging her tail in greeting when any one passes her cage. Hope this report alleviates your fears in regard to her well being Jan