CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cappy's first flight

Oh my girl did so well on her first plane flight from IAD to LAX. Only one problem, an overturned water dish. She was probably without water for a good 8 hours, which is a long time for her. Girl drank a liter in one sitting when we finally gave her water. I felt so sad for her.

We got to LAX on Sunday and she left Monday for Sydney. That gave us one day to find another way to attach a bigger and stronger water dish to her crate. Aaron, one of Todd's friends, bought a 3 gallon painter's bucket and attached it to the door with some plastic ties. I put a gallon of water in it and felt much better about her water situation. Even if it sloshed in transit, the sides would be high enough to negate major water loss. This simple task was truly an engineering feat...no lie.

So, it is Tues 5pm Pacific time, 23 hours from when the vet sealed her in her cage, and she has STILL not arrived in quarantine (they will not release her from the cage until she is there). I just called and she is still 1.5 hours from being delivered. That would put her over 24 hours in her crate. Poor girl, I feel heartbroken over doing this to her. I wish that I could explain that we are doing this so we can be together. I am just sick to my stomach at the prospect of being 30 days apart with her in quarantine. I would rather send Todd...seriously, it would hurt less.

I just hope that the 15 hour plane ride was not too terrible for her. I will have to pay big time in treats and swims when I see her April 7. I better start saving my money:)

So we are in LA until Wed when we head south to San Diego to visit Todd's family for 2 days. Then back to LA on Friday with an EARLY morning flight to Hawaii on Saturday morning. Things are down hill from here. Toughest part was getting to dog situated and that is now no longer under my control. I hope lying on a sunny beach will lessen the pain.

5 comments:

lorioriori said...

aw girl, i feel for you! i can't imagine it. but i wonder, what does todd think about your idea of sending him instead? ;)

DC should be 70 degrees all weekend. wish you were here to show me where to run. damn.

Greta said...

Cappy was born to be an Aussie Dog. Toby can't wait to meet this hot American bitch.

see you soon!

Courts! said...

Awww lil' Capster!!! KP - I miss you and Todd so much already... I'm so happy for you both and I wish you the best of luck and hopefully I'll be getting my financial shit together and see you around Christmas!!! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Benny and I miss you all a ton already!! Enjoy your time in HI - you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Really looking forward to greeting you and making you both and Cappy Aussies The xxxx on is on ice and the bbq ready How do you like your steaks cooked Jan