CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Remembering N'Awlins


It is really hard to believe that Katrina struck nearly a year ago. About this time last year me, Greta and Lori were having a great time in N'Awlins. I found this pic of me and Greta clowning around in the French Quarter. As you can see we were up to no good. We spent the day walking around the Quarter, attending various Happy Hours (we love the 3 drinks for the price of 1 special that abounded), meeting a Voodoo priestess, etc. I think back to the guy who took our picture and I wonder what happened to his studio. Is he there? Did he bail? The soul of NO is the people. The buildings are nice and all, but could NO ever be the same without its soul? Part of me wants to go back but part of me does not want to ruin the memory I have on NO.

I was reading in the Post the other day about where we are 1 year later when it comes to disaster preparation. Nearly 50% of those polled thought we were prepared for this years hurricane season. Uh hellooooo out there. NOTHING, Nada, Zip, has been done to the NO levies. They merely patched up the holes and most experts agree that a category 2 could easily destroy the levies. Great...such a stupid false sense of optimism my country has. Ick, makes me sick.

0 comments: