CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ekka day!


Wed is a public holiday for Ekka (short for exhibition). Usually I am not into that kind of thing as I have a great fear of carnies, small children with ice cream, and ferris wheels. However, the thing is literally being held across the street from my work and it seems alright. Everyone goes and everyone really seems to like it. So I thought I would succumb to peer pressure and give it a try. It runs for 10 days with Aug 15th being the official day off. We are going to go to the dog show (I missed the golden showing last tues) which will be an "open" session of all dogs and pups. I am super excited about that. We are going with Phil and Glen who are Ekka experts. So this will be my first taste of the "REAL" Brisbane. Hey why not? Anything to get me away from this lit review!


Ah speaking of that. It is coming along. I am in super writing mode which is a god send. Sometimes it is sooooo hard to get started. The GIS component of my research is also coming along, thanks to UNESCO Bangkok for the map and Greta for her GIS expertise. At least that is one less thing I have to worry about.

We did go camping this past weekend up to Inskip Point on the Sunshine coast. We camped on the beach and played in the surf all day long, I even got a tan. It was beautiful and Todd's first taste of "tropical Queensland". I am trying to convince him that the rest of Australia is not like Brisbane. While the city is nice, it is not as tropical and restful as up north. The dogs had a blast playing in the water and Cappy was in it NON-STOP. We literally had to drag her out by her collar when it was getting dark. I swear she was taking a nap while she was floating. Strange dog.

0 comments: