CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Pictures of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Hanoi, Vietnam

I stopped in KL for 2 days on my way up to PP. I had a blast! I could so live there!


Petronas Towers-right out front of my hotel window!
















Orchid Nursery


Lily Pond at the Orchid Garden in the Lake District



Out front of the Hao Lo prison in Hanoi. Better known as the "Hanoi Hilton" Talk about propaganda. They have a huge picture of Jane Fonda in one of the 2 rooms they have set up for the exhibit about the American POWs. There is some major spin going on. Basically they said that they treated the prisoners better than the American's treated the VN POWs. They bragged about how well they fed and clothed the POWs and there was NEVER any tourture, despite what the US gov't says. I just cracked a wry smile and say "Riiiiigghhhht"






John McCain's flight suit and parachute






























Dinner with fellow UQ-Vietnamese students in Hanoi, the guy with the mustache is my advisor Peter!

0 comments: