CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pictures of Cambodia

I have finally got around to posting these pictures. Just in time for my next trip in a month:)














Grand Palace in Phnom Penh













Sisowath Quay (main drag along the Mekong River)


Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum-Cambodia (used to be the Phnom Penh High School before the Khmer Rouge turned it into S-21) This is where the KR took suspected traitors, which was nearly everyone, to interrogate and torture. IF you survived the torture you were subsequently taken to the Killing Fields for execution


















Torture room-and yes those are blood stains under the cot

















Famous picture of mother and daughter taken in 1978 at Tuol Sleng


Choeung Ek Memorial at Killing Fields

































Looking into the memorial




















Looking up the memorial (view from inside) 4 stories of skulls


I will leave it at that now that I have thouroughly depressed myself this Sunday morning. I swear I do have happier pictures.

0 comments: