CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 08, 2007

Happy 2007

I have been a slack blogger, many apologies. Actually, I only like to blog if I have something to say and lately my mind has been strangely quiet. Blame it on the holiday booze!

Now that 2007 is upon me I am gearing up for a lot of travel. The ethics approval for my research is in the pipeline and it should hopefully be approved by the end of Jan. Then I will be free to begin my field research. I am planning to head back over to Cambodia in March for one month. Fingers crossed.

So the holidays were...whatever. Don't get me wrong we had a BLAST at all of our get togethers but I am looking for something different for next year. Next year we are going to skip the parties, dinners, etc and go on a bare foot windjammer cruise around the Whitsundays. This year Todd (home in Feb) and I (conference in DC in May)will both satisfy the family visits home but after that our feeling is "come to us". We are not going to spend anymore money or vacation going back to the US...EVER! It pains me to sink $2600 into a ticket to go back to a place where I came from. That same amount will give me 7 nights on a cruise around the Great Barrier Reef. Can you blame me people? Therefore, any visit to the US will be for my studies only and any extra vacation time will be spent in the QLD tropics.

On another note, I am taking a bread making class! One of my New Years resolutions is to be able to make authentic challa. I wonder if Australians even know HOW to make Jewish bread. At last count I think there were 2 Jews in Australia:)

1 comments:

Courts! said...

A-fuckin-MEN, sister. I did NOT go home for the holidays this year and since I have anything to say about it, I probably won't for a while. It hit me that all my vacations are spent going to stupid SoCal suburbia! No thank you!! My vacation this year is to Aruba. Much better.