CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 04, 2006

Ugh, the fight of the fertile


I am soooooo over birth control! Over it, done, finished, I am calling it quits. I can't get my fucking NuvaRing over here, which is the only thing that did not give me any side effects, and I tried Implanon (little plastic rod under the skin of your arm). It has been in Oz for a number of years and just introduced to the US this past July. FUCKING BLOWS...stay away! Not that this is a blog about my libido, but has anybody seen it? I can not find it anywhere? This seems to be a common side effect: "a small decrease in sex drive has been reported by a small percentage of women in our study..." Uh hello, no one said it would take a holiday!!!

However, that is nothing compared to the 11 pounds I put on in 2 months! E-L-E-V-E-N!!! This is where things get wacky. I am actually exercising 2X a day in prep for my triathalon. My diet is stellar and I STILL put on the weight. VERY VERY frustrating. I called up the doc and she said "A small percentage of women do gain weight rapidly for no apparent reason"! Reason? Jesus when they said weight gain was possible, I was thinking the normal 1-3 lbs a year (which most women gain regardless of being on BC). But 11 in 2 months? As an aside, why does everybody always use the word "small?" So I have made an appt to have the sucker removed even though it has only been 2 months. The nurse wanted me to wait and I was like HELLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOO, do you want to see if I gain another 11?

So on that note I told Todd that I was giving up on sex...just not worth it. I take my chances with 11 pounds or take my chances with a screaming baby and stretch marks...hmmm abstinence doesn't seem all that bad anymore.

0 comments: