CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 22, 2006

In the news


Well it seems inevitable, DC is going to blow up. Who wants to bet that North Korea has their missile locked in on 1600 Pennsylvania Ave? I am willing to put my money on it. Let's see what else, 2 soldiers were found dead in Iraq from apparent torture (according to the Post "barbaricaly tortured"). They were 23 and 25...nice. Iran is well on their way to fueling up the next test missile. Who wants to guess where that will be targeted at? The WHO announced that even though we have spent trillions of dollars in HIV/AIDS mitigation, we really have nothing impressive to show for it. What I want to tell the fucking WHO and all these other rich nations is that FIRST and FOREMOST you must address poverty. If a mom has to have sex to feed her kids, guess what prick head male leaders,...she is going to prostitute herself. No amount of bible speak or Christian rhetoric is going to stop her child from crying of hunger. WAKE UP! I would do it and so would most of you.

On that note, I am a bit distressed over my own research. I just read a bulletin put out by UNESCO which talks about reproductive health programs in South East Asia. Not good news. Basically, NGO's are pumping in huge amounts of money but the poverty is so overeaching that safe sex and family planning take a back seat. Unfortunately, women who have lots of kids are in poverty. Such a viscous cycle! So where does that leave me? I have no idea. How can I address reproductive health in a country where poverty has only INCREASED since they became liberated from the Khmer Rouge. Capitalism has done nothing (surprise surprise) to help Cambodians...especially women. So I feel like I am merely putting a band-aid on a femoral hemorrhage. How can I convince readers that RH is an important issue, if I don't really think it is anymore?

On a good note, researchers in China believe that there are more pandas in the wild then previously thought. Through DNA testing of panda feces they are able to track migration, numbers, and mating. I love DNA! Now that is one good piece of news!

1 comments:

Courts! said...

Personally, I really hope NK knows where either the underground bunker is OR they've got a tracking device on Air Force One. Leave us out of it!! You hear that, NSA???? Katia, please save me when I'm thrown into a liberal internment camp.