CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Biking and running


So this week is off to a really rough start. Not good actually. There has been much maritial strife (can't we all just get along?), which I won't go into because I am tired of thinking about it and my eyes are STILL puffy 2 days later, and other stressors that seem bad, but are not...I have low tolerance right now. My bad week was started on Monday by an event I never thought would happen.

I am off for my run on Monday in the park. Nice day, clear sky, and about 60F...perfect running weather. I am on the path when all of a sudden this girl on her bike comes hurling down the hill (not on the bike path, obviously taking a precarious short cut) when she loses control and smacks head on into me. The front of her bike smashes into my knees and knock me back along the path. I literally was soaring in the air. I landed on my hip and skid across the path. To add insult to injury she keeps moving in my direction and runs over my knee when I am on the ground. She has the gall to say "OH MY GOD, are you ok?" No bitch, I am not fucking ok. She was in her school uniform and all of a sudden 30 teenage girls approach on their bike (it was PE class) and stare down at me. I was mortified and in terrible pain. Bad girl for taking shortcuts. She ate it also, but not as bad as I. Ugh. So my run got cancelled and my knees are blue from the bruising. Plus I hit my head and I have a dull thud on the right side of my head. Next time I run, I will bring my helmet. I can not run, chase the dog, or even move quickly. That makes me the most mad, no running. Errrrrr, how will I deal with my stress now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that your week started out so poorly. Give me a call!! I would love to catch up, find out what is going on, and lend a sympathetic ear. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

Okay - you need a protective phalanx of Washington DC running friends, to protect you from errant Aussie mounties! Totally sucks to lose your source of stress relief.

Your running gang back here in DC misses you big time. Tell Todd I said to pamper and massage you back to the epitome of health!