CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ah yes, the literature review


Dun, dun, dun...it has arrived. Time to sit down and really comb through the literature. Ugh, my procrastination abilities are in full swing. I have re-laced all my running shoes, cleaned my trash can with a q-tip, clipped the dog's nails, browsed the internet for further ways to procrastinate, and now I am blogging. I just can't seem to organize my thoughts as to what I need to extract from all the readings. My mentor tells me that I should be asking critical thinking questions about the current literature and what methods they used. Oh GOD, that could take me years to ask questions like that! I am despairing, what do I do?

Supposedly the lit review is 1/3 of my PhD work. Greaaaaat...so in other words, don't fuck it up.

I am so tired it is pathetic. I have been going to bed at 7pm (hmmm, sub-conscious procrastination?) and sleeping until 7am. 12 hours...huh? Who needs that much sleep? Certainly not someone who sits in front of a computer all day! I really knocked my head last week and I am wondering if that might have something to do with it. After my run in (no pun intended) with the bike last week I have been unable to run. So I popped on the elliptical trainer for a workout. Nearly killed myself! I bent down to scratch my leg and the handles (which move with your feet, and my feet were still moving) knocked me on the head and I fell off the machine. I have a huge bump on my head and sometimes it throbs. Exercise is going to kill me! Sheesh, I can't even procrastinate by exercising!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh K You are finally starting to relax after a very nerve racking 6 months or so. All the tension of not knowing whether you would get to Aus and worry about Cappy. Then house hunting then moving and having to wait for your belongings to arrive. Getting set up at uni sorting out your job Having to drive on the wrong side of the road. Your are just starting to be able to relax after all the months of stress. Sleep the 12 hours and enjoy every second of it your body Obviously needs it. love J