CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Next on my list

My next car will be a hybrid. I have made up my mind! It is funny to sit in Oz and read about gas prices in the US. People in the US I have one message for you "SHUT UP". People in the US have some of the lowest gas prices in the world. In the UK they pay nearly $12 a gallon and here in Oz we pay $7.80. Believe me, it HURTS filling up the gas guzzler. To make it worse, I am driving a 1994 station wagon that gets...ooooh, 4 miles to the gallon. I never drive anymore...ever! I just can't afford it on my stipend. However, that said...I have religiously started riding my bike. I am too high maintenance for the bus and the distance are a bit long in BNE to walk everywhere. So I bike it now. In the past 3 months, not accounting for weight loss due to stress or the end of my marriage, I have dropped 10.2lbs without even trying. There is plenty of energy in THIS tank to get me around BNE. So when I do get the funds for my hybrid I will buy it but until then I will use my ass to power me around town.

0 comments: